- How to arrive at the 3D model?
- Full screen or 2-part view of the model
- How to navigate around the model
- Work with an object
- Create registration
- Description of functionalities
How to arrive at the 3D model?
The user has two options for finding the 3D model:
In the document folder there is a separate model tab. Here is the model available for the project.
- Drawings that also contain a 3D model view will be highlighted with a blue arrow icon at the bottom of the screen. Click on the file to bring up the model on the screen (see which views are available below).
NOTE! You can either choose to download before you go out, or when you are on the construction site. This will charge the mobile data on your device. You will be prompted to download the model as soon as you press the blue arrow icon.
Full screen or 2-part view of the model
The user can choose between displaying the 3D model in combination with the drawing or in full screen:
- Split view - This is the default view and will become visible to the user if you tap the arrow button.
- Full Screen View - Tapping the arrow icon in split view will move the user to view only the 3D model.
To go back to previous views, just keep tapping the blue arrow icon until the correct view is reached.
How to navigate around the model
When the 3D model is opened, the user's starting point is the center of the drawing.
From there, the user can navigate using different methods:
- One finger - Use one finger to rotate around its own axis.
- Two Fingers - Use two fingers to move forward (similar to zoom functionality)
- Tap on drawing - By pressing on a specific point on the drawing, the user is moved directly to that point in the model. (assuming that 2-part display is in use)
- Double click on object / building part - If the user presses on an object, it will be automatically moved forward.
Work with an object
To work with an object, tap the object in the model so that it turns green.
Hide / show object
By tapping the "eye icon" the user can hide the view of the object. The second eye icon brings all hidden objects back into the view.
If the user tapps the information symbol, all information relating to this object will be displayed. This information is taken from the IFC file uploaded to the Interaxo Field Web.
The "+ icon" enables the user to create deviations where a picture of the object in the model is attached.
- Tap on the desired object.
- Tap the "+ sign" to create a registration.
- Select the registration type you wish to register.
- Attach a picture + comment and fill in the required fields.
- Press save.
(A picture of the object in 3D - the model is attached as a separate picture in the registration.)
Description of functionalities
Measurement tools enable you, the user, to check measurements on an object or between two points.
- Tap the "measurement - icon".
- Tap first point. This will be the starting point for the measurement.
- Tap a second point. This will be the end point of the measurement.
- The length between the two selected points is automatically displayed.
- To end the functionality. Tap the red cross.
Sectioning makes it possible to create a section in the model.
- Press the "section - icon".
Click on the object that you want sectioning to be based on.
(Horizontal object = horizontal section, Vertical object = vertical section,)
- Slide the blue icon in the direction you want the cut to go. The blue button automatically moves back to the center after each push. Repeate until the desired position is found.
- End functionality by tapping the red cross.
By tapping the " Revert- icon" all changes are reset and you are moved to an overview point of the model. The user can now start navigating again.
Selection of floors can be done if the user taps the "floor selector - icon".
As standard view, the floor the user is on is opened, but if desired, one or more floors can be selected. This is done by uncheck the floors to be displayed and confirm with the save button at the top right of the window.
The "cube - icon" gives the user the opportunity to select which type of models that should be hidden/displayed. By default, all models are shown in a common view, but individual subjects can be removed by deselecting them. Confirming with the save button at the top right of the window.
Which subjects are shown in the list view depends on which subjects are included in the IFC file.
The filter function can be used to create your own filter groups based on the objects in the model.
- The user selects a category (e.g. building part)
- The user selects a value (e.g. timber)
- The user clicks on "Add filter".
- Tap Close
(The user can add a more categories by tapping "+ add parameter".)
To reset the filter press "Restore",