Add public comments
All participants in a room can add public comments to files and entries. Own comments may be removed or modified. Public comments are visible to all room members. A number in the speech bubble column indicates the number of comments added to a file or an entry. By clicking the number, the Activities and Comments pane is opened.
Perform the following steps to add a public comment:
- Tick the check box in front of the file or entry in question
- Open the desired entry
- Click on the circled "i" button (Display activities and comments) in the upper right corner above the folder content to open the Activities and comments pane.
- Click inside and start typing in the comment box
- When you have finished click the Save button
- Modify or delete a comment by clicking the corresponding icon inside the comment
Note: All operations on a comment will be logged. Observers cannot add comments.
Mentions: Notify a person or a group
You can use mentions in comments by typing the @ character and start typing a user's name in order to notify room members. All selected members will receive an e-mail from Interaxo showing the comment and a link to the file/entry..
If you mention a group, all the members of that group will receive an email.
Benefits of using mentions in comments instead of the Share function
By using comments with mentions instead of using the Share button, the message is saved and logged, together with the content and a time stamp and with whom you shared it. This in comparison to the Share button where the message is NOT saved, only the time stamp and with whom you shared it.