Steps to create a new active folder
- Open the parent folder in the room
- Click on New ... > Folder > Active folder
- On the General tab, assign the folder a unique Folder name
- Tick checkboxes for Archiving and/or Number generator to configure settings on corresponding tabs
- Enter text into the rich text fields on the Instructions tab if desired
- Click the Fields tab to define which custom fields you want to include as metadata for the entries
- Specify Archiving settings
- Add File Naming rules
- Configure Access control for the active folder
- When done, click the Save button to create the folder
Each custom field type has its own set of configurable properties. These will not be described in detail here, see separate help article. The following custom field types are available:
- Plain text
Free text used for title, description, annotation, etc. Activate Word-wrapping to limit that the field extends beyond several columns
Only numbers are allowed
Initial value must be configured
This is very useful when you want to categorise entries. A list of fixed values must be defined.
- Member list
Select members and/or groups defined for the room
- Auto number
A serial number that is generated automatically for numbering your entries. For more advanced number strings, use the Number generator.
Contact Tribia Support if you need help to implement auto numbering.
- Rich text
In addition to plain text, you can enter links, e.g. internet addresses (URLs) and formatted text.
Remember that you have to choose which custom field should be the active folder's Entry title. Unlike all other custom fields, the Entry title field cannot be hidden in the list view.