Parameter groups is used to structure and group different Parameters. Different groups for different types of properties (Room, Instance etc).
These groups also provide opportunities to manage rights for which group should be able to edit the parameters in the group.
The creation of parameter groups open up the possibility to create Items for those groups. Items is in short a predefined combination of parameter values for the group that you select based on a leading value. Parameter groups defined with items have a flag as a symbol next to them.
How to create a new parameter group.
1. Click on Parameter groups.
2. Click Create.
3. Assign a name to the parameter group and select a source type in the drop down list.
By clicking on Change the parameters belonging to the group will be presented with this color in the data grid view.
4. Click Save.
How to connect parameters to the parameter group.
1. Select parameters by clicking on the drop down list. Search for parameters in the list by typing in the filed. Parameters that are not included in any other group (or of other type) can be found here.
Parameter group with items
To create a parameter group with items do the following. To the right of the parameter that you want to be leading for your items, mark to the right of the parameter name that it should be so.
Don't forget to save.
How to create and edit items
1. Click on Items.
2. Overview of Items.
A:Create new Item.
B:List of current Items and their values.
C: Button to edit item in list.
3. Create or edit Items.
A: Fill in the Items parameter values the leading value is mandatory.
B: Press Cancel to discard changes/item. Press Save Item to save changes/Item.
You have the option to export all items to Excel by clicking on "Excel Export".
You can also import items with Excel by clicking "Import Excel".
- Keep in mind when importing that existing items are probably linked to one or more objects.
- Row four in Excel must have exact parameter names as in item grid view.
- The leading parameter of the group must be in the first column.
- If you would like to update existing items make sure the value on the leading parameter match.
- If a leading value does not exist, a new item is created.
- The import of values will start from row five.
- The data type in Excel must match the parameter setting.
- Parameters with lookup and replaced values must contain existing and valid values.
- The value of a leading parameter must be unique.
- In case there is a subgroup, items for parameters of subgroup must be separately imported first.
You can download a Template from where you upload your excel, but a tips is to use the item grid to export and later update the data with that formatting.