In order to be able to view and create internal comments, users need to be members of the Internal Comments Group. Comments added by members of this group are invisible to all other users.
Internal comments represent information exchange and discussions you do not want to share with all parties in a room, e.g. contractors and subcontractors. This is especially important when reporting non-conformances, processing change orders, etc.
As a room member you can view all, add, edit and remove your own (public) comments as long as you have at least Read access to the file or entry in question.
In addition, as a member of the Internal Comments Group, you can
- switch view from public to internal comments and vice versa
- view all internal comments as long as you have at least Read access to the entry or file in question
- add, edit and remove your own internal comments
As a Room Administrator you can manage the Internal Comments Group by performing the following tasks:
- Open the room in question using the Administration client
- Select room Settings
- Under the Internal comments menu item, use the member picker to add users to the group by searching for their name or e-mail address
- Remove a user from the group by clicking the X in the user's chip
- Click the SAVE button to complete the operation