Metadata added to a room can easily be used in automatic Document ID and file naming in active folders in the room. Metadata with values can be created under settings for the room and will thereafter be visible to select when setting up document ID and custom file name. Metadata is suitable for fields that have the same value in the room, e.g. "Project ID" and "Contract no.". When these are to be used in many active folders, it saves time when creating these on a higher level and not for each active folder.
Create, edit and delete metadata
Metadata is created froom Interaxo Admin. They can be cerated, edited and deleted by a Room Administrator, Workspace Administrator or a Community Administrator.
This is done by
- open settings for the room (click on Administration when you are inside the room or choose Settings for the room from the Workspaces and rooms overview)
- add metadata by writing in Name and Value and click Add
- change existing metadata by clicking on the pencil icon behind the metadata that is to be changed, do the changes and click Save
- delete existing metadata by clicking on the recycle bin icon behind the metadata that is to be deleted and confirm the deletion. Be aware that if metadata that is already in used in active folders is deleted, the active folders will also need to be updated.
Metadata and automatic Document ID
In Interaxo you have the ability to generate document numbers, e.g. when there is a need for customizing document numbers and identifying documents uniquely. You decide on the number of elements, as well as which fields should constitute the Document ID field.
When metadata has been created, these can easily be used as part of the Document ID. In stead of creating a list field for all active folders that use this field, it can be created as metadata on the room and thereafter be chosen as a part of the Document ID. This saves time, both when creating a new project room and when there is a need to change a value. The value can be changed under room settings, and new entries created after this will use the latest value. The field is not shown to users, but is automatically included in the Document ID.
Read more about how to set up the automatic Document ID in this article: Configure number generator
Metadata for the room will be selectable under settings for Document ID.
- Define which fields the individual paragraphs in the document number should consist of. These must be of type List or defined as metadata on the room. All List fields must be mandatory and read-only.
- Valid separators are hyphen (-) and underline (_). Click on hyphens or underline followed by ENTER to include punctuation marks in the structure of the document number.
The example below shows how it looks in an active folder with two List fields and two metadata.
Metadata and automatic file naming
The rule for file naming determines how files uploaded as attachments to an entry should be named. You can set rules for file names when creating a folder or you can change or set a rule for file naming of existing folders. Same as for Document ID, metadata as e.g. "Project ID" and "Contract no" can be selected as a part of the custom file name without them being created as fields in each active folder. Metadata defined on the room will be visible when setting up the rule for custom file name, similar as for setting up automatic Document ID.
Read more about how to set up custom file name in this article: Configure file name
Metadata can be selected as a part of automatic file name when the alternative Custom file name has been selected. The file name can consist of field values, metadata from the room and fixed texts.