IFC models can be uploaded inside a subproject in the same way as drawings or regular project files. It's important to know that there are some dependencies between IFC-files and drawings if the 2D PDF drawings should be mapped to the 3D floor for an easy switch in the app.
- The models need to contain floors
- All models need to use the same coordinate system
- If 2D/3D mapping is interesting, then Spaces in master model is needed
- Upload master model - The first things you need to do is to upload the master model by pressing (+) and then entering a name for it (i.e. ARK), this is used in the app to turn off/on models when viewing. The master model is the file that includes spaces, floors inside additional models will be mapped towards the master model structure.
- Upload additional models - When the master model is uploaded, it's possible to continue with additional models by pressing (+) and then entering a name for it (i.e. RIB). When an additional model is uploaded, it has to be mapped towards the floors in the master model.
Repeat step 2 for all additional models you want in the subproject.
- Publish model - When all floors are mapped to the master model and the IFC files have been converted, then it's time to publish them for usage. A folder will on publish be created for each floor of the model inside the Drawing tab where drawings can be added to enable 2D/3D switch.
- Map drawings to floors by using polygon editor - Polygons for each room have been created if the master model included spaces (floors). Those needs to be aligned with the drawing by using the polygon editor. Read more here
Ready to go!
The model can be entered directly by selecting one floor, or by jumping from 2D position into the same position in 3D (if master model contained spaces).